19 Apr Chef Becky’s Witch’s Figers & Ogre Toes: Spooky Snacks for Halloween, Breadsticks with Marinara
Make this fun snack with your kids, to have something healthy before trick-or-treating! I use pizza dough, and slice it into finger and toe shapes! Brush on pesto to make the Ogre Toes green!! Give them a WICKED manicure and pedicure with plastic spider rings!
Witch’s Fingers & Ogre Toes with Bloody Dip
- 1 tube pizza dough
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- Red food coloring
- 1 can medium whole olives
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 12 plastic spider rings
- Using a sharp knife, slice the blanched almonds in half. Place them in a small glass dish and add four drops of red food coloring. Stir well so the almonds become coated with the red dye. Spread the almonds curved-side up on a paper towel to dry.
- Open tube of pizza dough, and unroll onto a large cutting board. Using a knife, cut long strips 1 inch wide, by 12 inches long. Cut the long strip into three pieces (approximately one finger long). Roll between your palms to make them round, like fingers. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Form a rounded knuckle shape in the middle of each finger. Press one red almond into the tip of each dough stick.
- For the Ogre Toes, cut the strips to be wider and shorter (1 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches long). Place them on the foil lined cookie sheet. Form into a toe shape. Using a small food-safe brush, brush pesto over the dough. Slice the whole olives into halves. Press one olive half into the tip of each toe.
- Bake fingers and toes in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Once cool, place the plastic spider rings on the Witch’s Fingers. Serve with marinara “bloody” sauce.