Watch me whip up these tasty waffles in no time at all, with a few basic ingredients. Top it off with blueberry sauce, sweetened with maple syrup and apple juice!
Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
- 4 cups blueberries, frozen
- 12 ounces Gala apple juice (‘Tude brand)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Extra oil for brushing the waffle iron
Special equipment: silicone brush, electric waffle maker
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, apple juice, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, and then turn down to a rapid simmer. Simmer, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, vanilla, and brown sugar. Whisk well. In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir, just until combined.
- Preheat waffle maker. Using the silicone brush, grease both top and bottom cooking surfaces with the extra oil.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter and pour evenly onto the hot waffle maker. Close the lid, and cook until done, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the hot blueberry sauce.