11 Mar Chef Becky’s Thanksgiving: Bacon Wrapped Green Beans & Cranberry Crescent Roll-Ups
Learn two easy and impressive recipes for Thanksgiving in this 5 minute movie! First, I will teach you how to make Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles, and then Cranberry, Orange, and Walnut Stuffed Crescent Rolls. Both recipes can bake on the same cookie sheet, at the same time and temperature. Cook like a Rock Star this Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- 1 pound fresh French Green Beans (petite variety, at Costco)
- 8 slices bacon
- Course Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cut off about 1 ½ inches from the bacon ends, so you end up with slices that are 6 inches long. Fry the 6 inch long bacon slices in a large skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium low. Do not cook until crispy. The bacon needs to remain slightly soft to wrap around the green beans.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a large pot, add 2 inches of water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the water, and bring it to a boil. Toss in the green beans and boil for 4 or 5 minutes, or until barely tender. Do not overcook. When the beans are tender, drain in a colander.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Divide the green beans into 8 small piles. Place one bacon strip on a plate, and then place one pile of green beans on the bacon. Roll the bacon around the green beans, and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining green beans and bacon.
- Sprinkle the coarse salt over the green beans, and follow with fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. This recipe bakes at the same time and temperature as the Cranberry Orange Walnut Crescent Rolls, and can be prepped the day before.
Cranberry, Orange, Walnut Crescent Rolls
- 1 tube Crescent Roll Dough (refrigerator section)
- ½ cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Orange, Zested Cinnamon
- Unroll the crescent dough. Arrange the dough triangles so the shortest side is closest to you. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon all over. Arrange about 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts along the shortest edge of each triangle. Place 1 teaspoon dried cranberries on top of the walnuts. Using your fingertips, place about 1/8 teaspoon orange zest on top of the cranberries and walnuts. Roll up the crescents and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon lightly over the rolls before baking.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. This recipe bakes at the same time and temperature as the Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles, and can be prepped the day before.