This recipe will knock your socks off!! My friends fight over these, I promise! Toasted baguette topped with blue cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, seared steak, and French-fried onions….need I say more?
- Baguette (one or two)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic salt
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 2 teaspoons Montréal seasoning
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguette into ½ thick pieces. Brush lightly with olive oil, and then sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove bread from the oven, and turn on the broiler.
- Brush steak with olive oil, then sprinkle on the Montreal Steak seasoning. Preheat a large non-stick skillet with one tablespoon oil. When pan is hot, sear steak for 90 seconds per side. Remove from pan and place on a cutting board to rest.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese and mayonnaise. Stir well.
- Use a small spatula and spread 2 teaspoons of the blue cheese-mayo spread onto each baguette. Place three chunks of sun-dried tomato on each piece of bread.
- With a sharp knife, slice the steak into pieces about ¼ inch thick. Place one slice of steak onto each slice of bread.
- Top each steak with a teaspoon of French fried onions.
- Place bruschetta in the oven, on the middle rack. Broil for about 3 minutes. Keep a very close eye on the food, because it will burn very quickly!