11 Mar Chef Becky’s Pumpkin Cream Puffs
Posted at 02:44h in 0 Comments
In this video, I will show you how to make a delicious bite-sized dessert, perfect for Fall!
Pumpkin Cream Puffs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 17 ounce box puff pastry***Separate sheets and thaw for 1 hour (make the pumpkin butter while the puff pastry is thawing).
- Mini muffin pan (I prefer silicone)
- 2 inch round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil in a small dish
- 3 inch square paper towel
- Electric Mixer
Makes 2 dozen
- Start thawing the puff pastry sheets before making the pumpkin butter.
- In a medium non-stick saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Keep a close eye on it, as it will burn easily. Stay nearby, and stir it every few minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan every time. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak the square of paper towel in the oil. Use this to wipe inside each well of your mini muffin pan. Grease it well, so the puffs will slide out easily after baking.
- Unfold the puff pastry, and smooth out the creases. Using a 2 inch round biscuit cutter, cut 24 circles. These can be cut free hand with a butter knife. They don’t need to be perfect circles.
- Lightly press the puff pastry circles into the mini muffin pan. Add about ¾ teaspoon of the pumpkin puree into each. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While puffs are baking, prepare the Cream Cheese Drizzle. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Add the milk and powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat unto thoroughly combined.
- Remove puffs from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the muffin pan. Dollop about ¼ teaspoon of the cream cheese drizzle on top of each puff.