19 Apr Chef Becky’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted at 03:42h in 0 Comments
These cookies are loaded with flavor! With a full cup of pumpkin, lots of chocolate, and the spices of pumpkin pie, they’re sure to become your family’s favorite cookie this season.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, completely softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s is my favorite brand of chips!)
- Combine butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until well mixed.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for one hour in the refrigerator. Dough can be frozen at this point if you would like to prepare in advance.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons each. Flatten slightly and place on foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.