My rich, creamy, and delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake is sure to be a hit at your next family gathering!
- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin, canned
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
Special Equipment: 9 inch springform pan, parchment paper, 18 inch wide foil, and a large roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the gingersnap cookies and melted butter in a food processor. Grind until cookies are fine crumbs. Cover the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper. Spray the inside ring of the pan with non-stick spray. Press cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom, creating a smooth, packed crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool while preparing filling. Maintain oven temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add pumpkin and remaining 7 ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Use two large pieces of foil to double-wrap the cheesecake. Leave the top of the cheesecake uncovered. This will prevent water from seeping into the cheesecake.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Add enough warm water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 90 minutes. Transfer springform pan to rack and cool. Refrigerate cake overnight uncovered.
- Using knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake. Release pan sides. Cut cheesecake into wedges and serve.