Watch this cooking demonstration on how to make one of my favorite recipes! Miso, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Japanese rice wine make the perfect marinade for fresh salmon, which cooks up quickly on a cedar plank!
Miso & Ginger Glazed Salmon on Cedar Plank
- 2 lbs salmon, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup miso paste, red, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Mirin (Japanese rice cooking wine)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup ginger root, grated
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Cedar plank
- Soak cedar plank in water for 2 to 4 hours before cooking the fish.
- In a glass bowl, combine the miso with the Mirin. Using a spatula, thoroughly combine the two ingredients, so no lumps remain. Once smooth, add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Place the salmon filet in a Ziploc bag, and pour the sauce over the fish. Marinate for 2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium heat for 15 minutes. Place the cedar plank on the grill and close lid, to preheat the plank for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon on top of the hot cedar plank. Pour remaining marinade over the fish. Close the lid and cook salmon for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish.
- Serve immediately.