19 Apr Chef Becky’s Low-fat Four Bean Turkey Chili with Chocolate
Posted at 03:42h in 0 Comments
Watch me make a client favorite recipe….it’s healthy and SO tasty! Would you guess, the two secret ingredients are chocolate and refried beans?
Four Bean Turkey Chili with Chocolate
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons beef broth concentrate (I recommend “Better than Bouillon”)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 32-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, lightly drained
- 1 15-ounce can light red kidney beans, lightly drained
- 1 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, lightly drained
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- ½ cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a stock pot add onions, jalapenos, and bell pepper. Add the olive oil and sauté for a few minutes. Add the wine, and cover. Cook about 10 minutes, or until the bell peppers are nearly cooked through.
- Add the ground turkey, and break up the turkey with your spatula. Cook until browned.
- Add concentrated beef broth (do not dilute), tomatoes, black beans, light red kidney beans, and dark red kidney beans. Stir well. Add chili powder, cumin, and chocolate. Mash refried beans well to break up any solid chunks before adding to the pot. The refried beans will help thicken chili.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, and stir every 5 minutes. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan each time.
- Garnish with sour cream and cheddar cheese.