Watch me prepare an elegant sweet and savory little tart, just perfect for Mother’s Day!
Cranberry, Apple, Brie Tarts
- 18 ounces puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup apple butter
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cut into ½ inch squares, ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mini Muffin Pan
- Biscuit Cutter
- Pastry Brush
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle a little flour on a large cutting board. Gently open the puff pastry. Dust a little flour on the rolling pin. Use gentle pressure, and roll out the puff pastry.
- Use a round biscuit cutter (about 2.5 inches in diameter), and cut circles from the puff pastry dough.
- Grease each mini muffin well, using a pastry brush and the oil. Place one circle of dough in each well and gently press it down.
- Place ½ teaspoon of dried cranberries in the bottom of each pastry.
- Cut rind off of the brie, and then cut it into thin pieces, about ½ square, by ¼ inch thick. Place one piece of cheese on top of the cranberries.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon apple butter on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar. Use your finger tips and sprinkle this mixture around the top crust of the tarts.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 23 minutes. If you substituted pie crust, the baking time will be less, around 18 minutes.