This hearty casserole is the perfect dish to feed a crowd! The layers consist of hash browns, lean turkey sausage, seasoned eggs, and cheddar cheese. It’s kid friendly, and can be assembled the night before.
Mother’s Day Brunch Casserole
- 20 ounces hash brown potatoes, shreds
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 9.6 ounces Turkey Sausages (precooked Jimmy Dean brand), sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- Add oil to the pan. Brown hash brown shreds in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sheds for 4 to 5 minutes without disturbing. Turn hash browns and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Spray the 13X9 pan with non-stick spray. Place a cookie sheet under the foil pan for support, and safety. Add the hot, browned potatoes and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Top with sliced turkey sausage.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs. Check for shell pieces. Add Italian seasoning, milk, salt, and pepper. Blend with a mixer for about a minute and a half. Pour over the casserole. Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 370 degrees for 35 minutes. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.