This recipe will surely impress your guests!! With apples, cinnamon, butter, caramel, and oats…it can’t get much better!!!
Blooming Caramel Apples
- 4 large Fuji apples
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 pieces caramel candies, unwrapped
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups Tillamook Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples in a special way. Slice off the top ¼ of the apples. Scoop out the core using a teaspoon. Then, use a thin knife to make two, deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
- Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put two caramels into the center of each apple.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.
- Place a scoop of ice cream next to the hot apple, drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve immediately.