07 Oct Chef Becky’s Beer Cheese Sausage Dip is Perfect for Tailgating!
Spicy, creamy, and delicious! My Beer Cheese Dip uses Ninkasi’s Helles Belles Lager, lots of cheese, onion, and garlic! Perfect to make ahead of time to serve at your tailgater or party at home!
Beer Cheese & Sausage Dip
- 19 ounces Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup lager, Ninkasi’s Helles Belles
- 3 cups cheddar-jack cheese blend
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 12 ounces Frito Scoops corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook the onion for a few minutes, so it begins to soften. Add the sausage and garlic, and cook over medium heat. Break up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it has melted.
- Add beer, shredded cheese, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well and bring it to a simmer.
- Pour into a 13 X 9 oven safe baking dish.
- Top with the sliced green onions.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.