19 Apr Chef Becky’s Banana Raisin Oatmeal…a Diet Friendly, Filling, Low-Calorie Recipe
This oatmeal is quick, easy, and delicious!!! I use rolled oats, rolled red wheat, cinnamon, brown sugar, milk, raisins, and a ripe banana for this recipe. It’s freezer friendly, so you can store some at home, or at work!
Banana Raisin Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 ½ cup red wheat
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups skim milk (almond, soy, rice, or coconut milk, may be substituted)
- 1 large ripe banana, diced
- ¾ cup raisins
- Add oats, red wheat, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk to a medium sauce pan.
- Using medium heat, bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the banana and raisins.
Makes 4 large servings.