12 Apr Chef Becky’s Chocolate Chip Waffles with Nutella
With three kinds of chocolate in this recipe, you can’t go wrong! Watch how easy it is to whip up a batch of homemade waffles!!
Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped (you can substitute mini chocolate chips)
- ½ cup canola oil & a brush for coating the waffle iron
Your Choice of Toppings for Serving: Sliced bananas, Nutella, whipped cream, maple syrup, butter, etc.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-low.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cocoa powder, and chopped chocolate.
- Stir in milk, eggs and Nutella until mixture is smooth.
- Brush pre-heated waffle iron with canola oil, using a silicone brush.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown, about 2 ½ minutes using medium-low heat.