19 Apr Chef Becky’s Bacon Wrapped Asparagus for your Grill
The magical combination of asparagus and bacon…so easy and SO good!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 2 pounds asparagus (thin stalks are better for this recipe)
- 1 pound bacon, not thick cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut woody stems from asparagus.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and toss again.
- Lay 3 asparagus stalks on a cutting board. Take one slice of bacon and wrap around the stalks. Try to keep the stalks flat as you’re wrapping them with bacon (think of it like a raft). Tuck the ends of bacon inside, so they cannot come loose on the grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Grill asparagus for 4 minutes with the lid closed. Turn over and grill for 4 more minutes. Turn asparagus again and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.