11 Mar Chocolate Fondue for Valentine’s Day
Chocolate fondue is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s day! Watch me prepare this classic dessert with chocolate chips, heavy cream, coffee, Frangelico, and cinnamon.
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (bittersweet, semisweet, or milk)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Strong Coffee
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur, optional)
Tasty things for dipping:
- Wafer cookies
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- Dried Apricots
-Lots of napkins and toothpicks
-Fondue pot or crockpot
- Add the chocolate chips, heavy cream, coffee, cinnamon, and Frangelico. Heat using a low setting in an electric fondue pot or crockpot. Stir gently to combine. The chocolate should be completely melted, and it will have a glossy appearance.
- This can also be prepared in a microwave safe bowl. Add all ingredients, and microwave using the defrost setting. Stir, and continue heating until completely melted. You may need to re-warm the chocolate once it cools, if you’re not using a fondue pot or crock pot.
- Serve at once!