12 Apr Chef Becky’s Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This homemade carrot cake will be a hit with your guests, I guarantee it! Cream cheese frosting covers a delicious cake made with fresh carrots, eggs, and real vanilla!
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mist two 8-inch round pans with non-stick spray. Cut out two parchment paper circles. Place one circle in each pan, and mist the paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans (optional). Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped (for topping)
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spread about 1/2 cup frosting between the two cake rounds. Place the second cake on top. Use an offset spatula to frost the cake.
- Press the toasted pecans onto the sides of the cake.
- Store frosted cake in the refrigerator in the refrigerator.