19 Apr Chef Becky’s BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
Posted at 03:42h in 0 Comments
Watch me prepare this comfort-food classic, with a low-calorie twist!
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey (7% fat)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced small
- ¾ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup barbeque sauce, for topping
- Place the diced onion in a small glass bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked onion, red bell pepper, ¾ cup barbeque sauce, oats, chili powder, Worcestershire, salt, and eggs. Stir well. Add the ground turkey and mix again.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide the meatloaf mixture into two equal sized loaves. You can shape it into smaller loaves if you prefer.
- Bake uncovered in a 360 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the remaining barbeque sauce over the loaves. Return to the oven and bake 10 more minutes.