19 Apr Chef Becky’s Triple Chocolate Decadence Brownies
A brownie recipe for true chocolate lovers!!! Three kinds of top quality chocolate is key and my favorite brand is Chocolate Decadence, from Eugene, Oregon.
Triple Chocolate Decadence Brownies
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), cut into pieces, room temperature
- 8 oz. Chocolate Decadence dark chocolate (62%), coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup Chocolate Decadence Milk Chocolate (chips, buttons, or bars chopped up)
- ½ cup Chocolate Decadence 62% Dark Chocolate (semi-sweet)
- ½ cup Chocolate Decadence 72% Dark (bitter sweet)
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a 13X9 metal pan with parchment paper (its handy to allow a few inches the parchment paper to come up the sides of the pan). Spray parchment with non-stick spray. Set pan aside.
- Pour enough water into a 4-quart saucepan that it reaches a depth of 1″. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Combine butter and chocolate in a medium sized metal bowl; set bowl over saucepan. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, espresso powder, and salt; whisk to combine. Stir in chocolate mixture; fold in flour.
- Stir in the three kinds of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 35 minutes. Let cool on a rack for two hours. Cut and serve.