19 Apr Chef Becky’s Tater Tot Bake is Perfect for Tailgating and Parties
Tater tots are so trendy these days!! Watch me make a tasty dish using tater tots, ground beef, cheese, salsa, pickled jalapenos, , green onions, olives, and sour cream!
Tater Tot Taco Bake
- 2 pounds tater tots
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup olives, sliced
- ½ cup green onions
- Preheat oven to 425. Bake tots on a foil lined cookie sheet for 25 minutes. Keep the oven on.
- While the tots are baking, brown ground beef in a skillet and crumble well. Add packet of taco seasoning and 1 cup water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large cast iron skillet, or (13 X 9 casserole dish), place the hot tater tots. Cover evenly with the hot ground beef and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Add the pickled jalapeno slices, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425.
- Remove from oven and top with salsa, green onions, sour cream, and black olives.