19 Apr Chef Becky’s Sun-dried Tomato Penne Pasta Salad
In this episode, I show how to make my own version of pasta salad with a warm parmesan cheese, garlic, and sun-dried tomato sauce.
Sun-dried Tomato Penne Pasta Salad
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 quarts water, with 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed variety, lightly drained
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add pasta, and stir well. Bring to a boil, and cook for as long as the package states. Stir several times while pasta cooks.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and minced garlic.
- When pasta is done, pour into a large strainer. Do not rinse. Shake excess water off, and pour the hot pasta into the large bowl containing the mayo and garlic. Stir very well.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the parmesan cheese. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 8 servings.