03 May Chef Becky’s Stuffed Mexican Shells
Jumbo pasta shells filled with Mexican seasoned beef, cheese, corn, salsa, and olives. A client favorite!
Stuffed Mexican Shells
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups corn, frozen
- ¾ cups sliced olives, drained
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (for the filling)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (to sprinkle on top)
- In a large stock pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and then the shells. Stir and return to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When time is up, drain the shells and rinse with cold water.
In a wide skillet, cook the ground beef. Break it up with the back of a spoon. Add the corn, sliced olives, salt, salsa, tomato sauce, green chilies, and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well.
- Fill shells with 3 tablespoons of filling each. Once all of the shells have been filled, arrange them nicely in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.