06 Mar Chef Becky’s Salmon Stuffed with Basil and Two Cheeses…YUMMY!!
This recipe is a winner!!! Fresh herbs, cheese, and lemon slices make it an impressive entree for dinner parties!
Salmon Stuffed with Basil & Two Cheeses
- 2 pounds salmon, boneless and skinless
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lemons, sliced 1/8 inch thick, seeds removed
- Make filling by combining the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and green onion. Divide the filling into 6 equal portions.
- Carefully butterfly the salmon fillets to create a pocket for the filling. (see how in the video)
- Stuff fillets with one portion of the filling, and close salmon over the filling.
- Season the fillets lightly with some salt and black pepper.
- Top each filet with 4 lemon slices.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.