19 Apr Chef Becky’s Quinoa Black Beans and Cilantro
What a delicious way to use quinoa!!! Watch me prepare a client favorite recipe, using quinoa, black beans, cilantro, corn, and spices! I promise you’re going to love it!
Quinoa with Black Beans and Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper *you can double or triple the cayenne if desired
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups broth, HOT
- 1 pound corn kernels, thawed
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained well
- 2/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is translucent. Add the cumin and cayenne and stir well.
- Rinse the quinoa with plenty of water. Add to the pan. Add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Continue stirring until the wine has completely evaporated.
- Add the 3 cups of broth and bring it to a boil again. Scrape down the sides of the pan to ensure all of the quinoa is submersed in the cooking liquid. Turn heat down to medium-low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes are up, add the corn kernels. Stir well, cover again, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro. Stir well and heat through.
This dish freezes well. You can portion it out into lunch sized servings and store them in the freezer. Just grab one out of the freezer before you leave for work!