19 Apr Chef Becky’s Ninkasi’s Beer Battered Onion Rings & Dill Pickles
Crunchy, quick, and delicious!! This recipe will knock your socks off! Watch Chef Becky prepare onion rings and dill pickles in batter made with Ninkasi beer!
Beer Battered Onion Rings
- ½ cup all propose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup instant mashed potato flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold beer **(Nikasi Pravada Pilsner ) ** you may substitute cold club soda
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large yellow onions (also try baby dill pickles, I dare you!)
- 3 cups canola oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- Peel and slice onions to ½ inch thick
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, potato flakes, cayenne pepper and kosher salt. Whisk in the beer and stir until smooth.
- Place panko in a shallow bowl.
- Make sauce by combining the ketchup and ranch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a frying pan with high sides to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels.
- Place 4 onion rings into the bowl of batter and toss to coat them.
- Remove onion rings from batter and place into a pan of panko breadcrumbs. Turn to coat completely.
- Carefully place onion rings in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. The procedure is the same for the dill pickles!