19 Apr Chef Becky’s Garlic Butter & Garlic Bread for the grill
Slather this garlic butter on bread, pasta, fish, and hot veggies…it rocks!!!
The World’s Best Garlic Bread
This is a recipe I make year round! It pairs perfectly with BBQ, lasagna, salads, pasta, fish, and just about everything else!
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- Rustic bread, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 cup Flat Italian parsley, washed and minced
- Kosher salt
- Finely mince the garlic. Place in a medium skillet with two sticks of butter. Melt butter and stir well. Cook on low for 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes. Butter should not get over heated, or it will burn. Low and slow, with tiny bubbles, is key to getting the butter and garlic cooked perfectly.
- While butter is cooking, pick the leaves off of the parsley. Rinse well. Dry thoroughly. Chop finely.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, move the pan off the heat. Let cool for a few minutes, then add the chopped parsley to the garlic butter.
- Use a silicone brush, and brush the garlic butter onto the slices of bread. Lay the bread onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- You can freeze the bread at this point if you wish.
- Bread can be baked or grilled (recommended).
- To grill, preheat grill to medium to medium-high. Once grill is hot, place bread, sliced side down on the grates. Bread burns VERY easily, so you must stay close to the grill. Do not leave it unattended. Grill bread for 1 minute or so, and then turn over. Repeat on the other side.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Reassemble slices to form a loaf. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bread is hot and crisped.