19 Apr Chef Becky’s Croissant French Toast
This recipe for French toast is seriously delicious!!! Learn a new twist on a classic brunch dish, using croissants, berries, and real maple syrup!
Croissant French Toast
- 5 croissants
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, and blueberries
The Night Before
- Split the croissants in half. Let them sit out overnight to dry out.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator overnight. Pour mixture into a pie plate.
In the Morning
- Pour egg mixture into a pie plate or shallow dish. Dunk each croissant (cut side down) into the mixture, and let it soak for 30 seconds. Flip over and let soak for 30 seconds longer.
- Preheat large non-stick skillet over low heat. Melt a small pat of butter. Add two pieces of croissant (or however many will fit in your pan). Increase heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 4 minutes on the first side. When toast is a deep golden color, flip it over and cook for 3 minutes on the second side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining croissant halves.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, banana slices, and more butter!
Makes 5 large or 10 small servings.