19 Apr Chef Becky’s Chocolate Truffles with Ganache
Chocolate truffles may sound intimidating, but they’re so easy!! Start with the best chocolate you can find!
- 8 ounces 63% dark chocolate, Chocolate Decadence brand, finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup 63% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Make ganache by finely chopping the chocolate. Place in a glass bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it starts to simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for a few minutes.
- Uncover and whisk the mixture gently. Add the kosher salt and vanilla. Whisk again. Pour ganache into a glass pie plate and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To make the truffles, scoop out ganache using teaspoons, a melon baller, or small scooper. Work quickly, and roll the balls in your hands to make them round.
- Roll them in cocoa powder and place in small paper cups.
- Roll some in powdered sugar and place in small paper cups.
- To make chocolate covered truffles, heat the remaining ½ cup of chocolate and 3 tablespoosn butter in a double boiler. Once chocolate begins to melt, stir well. Use a fork to hold the truffle over the pan, and drizzle the chocolate over the truffles. Place the finished truffle in small paper cups.
- Refrigerate truffles immediately. Enjoy within 24 hours.