06 Mar Chef Becky’s Chocolate Lava Cakes…Warm, Melty, Delicious!!!
Watch how easy it is to make this impressive dessert! Your guests will be blown away!
Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, for greasing ramekins
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, for dusting ramekins
- 6 ounces dark chocolate buttons. Chocolate Decadence is my favorite brand
- 6 ounces butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces flour
- Optional Ingredients
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint, for garnish
- Grease the ramekins lightly with butter. Dust with cocoa powder. Tap out excess cocoa powder.
- In a small non-stick saucepan, melt 6 ounces butter and chopped chocolate over very low heat. Stir often.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar for one minute. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture. Stir well. Add the flour and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins, just slightly more than half full. Chill filled ramekins in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Cakes can be prepared in advance and held in the refrigerator (before baking) for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake ramekins directly on the oven rack for 10 to 13 minutes. Cakes will puff and crack. Sides will be set, but the centers will remain soft. Do not over bake, as you will lose the lava effect.
- Invert cake on individual serving plates. Serve immediately with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings, depending on the size of your ramekins.