19 Apr Chef Becky’s Bacon Cheddar Chive Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are always the first thing to disappear at a potluck! Watch me prepare deviled eggs with a new twist!
Bacon Cheddar Chive Deviled Eggs
- 12 large cage-free eggs (I like Chino Valley organic eggs)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled into tiny pieces
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 pinches paprika, for garnish
- Place cold eggs in a pot, add water to cover eggs by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Turn down to a gentle boil, and boil for 9 minutes. When time is up, drain the boiling water off of the eggs, and fill the pot with cold water and ice cubes. Chill for two hours in the refrigerator. Peel and shell the eggs.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, and then chop into tiny pieces.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks into a small bowl, and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, and cider vinegar. Stir in mustard.
- Fill egg white halves with the seasoned yolk mixture. Garnish with chives and smoked paprika.