19 Apr Chef Becky’s Asparagus & Ham Bundles…an Easy Appetizer!
Kick it up with this quick appetizer is easy and elegant! A perfect side dish for Easter brunch, or a dinner party!
Asparagus & Ham Phyllo Bundles
- ½ package Phyllo dough, thawed
- Olive oil spray
- 3 ounces Black Forest ham, cut in half
- 1 pound asparagus, 2 inches trimmed from the bottom
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Unroll phyllo dough and cut in half the long way. Lightly mist the sheets of phyllo dough with olive oil spray. Place ½ of one slice of ham near the end of the phyllo. Place two asparagus spears on top of the ham.
- Dot the asparagus with a bit of Dijon mustard (about ¼ teaspoon per appetizer).
- Roll the phyllo up around the asparagus. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat steps until you run out of asparagus.
- Lightly spray the assembled bundles with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Lastly, sprinklewith Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18 minutes.