20 Dec Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cups flour, all purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until it turns light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Mix in the molasses.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, and salt, mixing until well combined. Chill dough for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator 1 hour before rolling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ¼ inch thick. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 minutes.